Monday 16 May 2011

Scrapping without photos


Scrapping without photos - not sure about this, what is the point? That's what I thought when I first came across the idea a few years ago, but the more I think about this I do think that scrapping without photos is ok - who says it's not? Since then I have been jotting things down stories I want to record, random thoughts etc. and then just typing them, adding a few embellishments and I'm good to go.

I think of all those stories that I have in my memory from when I was younger, holidays, relationships, details of when I went to school etc. and that I haven't got photos of but would like to share and so I pull out my computer and get typing and do you know what - I love them! I love the fact that the story is recorded for my children. Here is one story that I wanted to scrap which happened in April.


I used Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route paper and the digital element from Ali Edwards.

Here is another one that I did last year - paper by Blonde Moments and again a element by Ali Edwards.


And another:


These kinds of layouts come together very quickly as I don't think about matching colour to the photo and what kind of embellishment would be suitable. I just add a little bit of paper and that's it.

Let me know what you think.

Jo

4 comments:

Suz said...

Jo,
I like the layouts that actually have no pics. I mean, I wish there were pics to go along with the story, but sometimes, there just isn't. I have to say that I really love those layouts because i really was forced focus on the story. To focus on the words. The story DOES get documented. And, let's just face it, sometimes when we get all into the scrapping with the pretty papers and embellies, well...sometimes the story gets left out.

Ali Edwards' Y&T class @ BPC really helped me with the documenting portion of my scrapbooking.TFS!

Suz said...

Jo, So the photos were upsetting! It is TOTAL devastation. Take any of those pictures and lay them side by side 360 degrees and that is what you see. My DH, eldest son and myself are heading back tomorrow with several colleagues from my DH's work to help out with debris removal and getting aid to the victims. Some of the victims are the colleagues families themselves. There are several ways you can help. Please comment back if I don't post a couple of ways you and others can help tomorrow. Need to get some sleep now as we'll be up early for a long day of helping. Thank you for your consideration and outreach! We feel your love from across the Big Pond! :)

Suz said...

I meant sorry the photos...

Suz said...

Jo, I finally have a post up about how you and others can help aid in the Joplin relief effort. Thank you for checking back in with me and for your help in spreading the word! I truly appreciate as do the residents of Joplin! :)
Suz